Sunday, October 23, 2011

Trying out the embossing resist technique.

I have a rather large list of blogs I 'follow' which means I don't really get to see them that often but last night I came across a challenge on a blog called '365 cards' which is basically a new challenge every day of the week... this card is for day 235 - I wonder what happens on leap-year!  Maybe it becomes '366 cards' for that year LOL!

It was all about using three pieces of polka-dot paper and that was pretty much the only rule - the challenge was posted a couple of days ago but I think you have one week from when it is posted to upload your card and then the link closes - at least I hope so.

I really enjoyed trying out this technique of embossing a stamped image with clear embossing powder, then gently sponging over it with a colour to bring out the details - I did find it distorted the paper a little so decided to sew them down which worked well.



What I used:

Stamp sets: Petal Pizzazz, Wonderful Favourites (both Stampin' Up!)

Cards and papers:  Very Vanilla (SU), all others from my stash.

Clear embossing powder (SU), Crumb Cake Classic ink pad, sponges, Boho Blossoms punch, rhinestone brad, sewing machine, Stamp-a-ma-jig (SU).

1 comment:

Ri said...

Wow, this is really pretty. I love what you did, very creative!