Friday, May 31, 2013

One for the boys!

This card is sort of related to the Owl tag I made the other day, as in I left the emobssing folder out on the desk and it inspired me to continue creating!  This card was made first and it took me a while to stop fiddling with it, I was playing around with different coloured versions of the vehicle (the orange and brown one is still on my desk somewhere) but in the end decided that would have been just too bright for this particular card so went with the more subdued green and brown version of the old car.  As I tried to picture the colour wheel with blues and green, the opposite came up as orange hence the orange 'pops' on it in the form or a curly thingy and the stars, without them it just looked so drab...  Anyway, now to write in it and send it off to my dad 'just because'.  Mum says he loves looking at them and reading the messages so let's hope the postal service does their bit and gets it there soon, I think mum is still waiting for her Mothers' Day card - so frustrating!

Once again have used some recycled materials in the form of a beautiful old calendar, the full picture was of Mt Cook/Aoraki - so here's to you Sir Ed Hillary on your 60th anniversary of reaching the summit of Mt Everest (I understand you used to practice climbing Mt Cook LOL!)  So, a card appropriate on so many levels FOR THE BOYS!!

Entering in the latest Creative Corner Challenge which is "for the boys"



No comments: