Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Recycling is the name of the game

I'm always on the lookout for interesting graphics on packaging which I can recycle into cards!  I was about to through out a couple of boxes which contained bottles of Pisco when I thought I'd 're-purpose' them instead - I know a couple of guys who would perhaps appreciate the humour of my creations!

A couple of weeks ago I was 'parent-help' at my son's kindergarten and in a spare moment I did some painting!  I couldn't resist the pots of metallic paint set out by the teacher for the children and randomly painted a piece of card with stripes of metallic blue, green, purple, red and gold.  I cut out some letters with my latest purchase, a Tim Holtz alphabet die [Vintage Market] and then of course couldn't bear to through out the scraps so I used them as a border.

Alphabet dies are perfect when you need to write messages in other languages!





No comments: